Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Long Haired Crystal Silica Cat Litter
Dr. Elsey's Crystal Litter is safe and healthy for your cat. It is an amorphous silica gel infused with hydrolyzed herbs to draw cats to the litter box.
Crystal Litter traps urine and odor on contact and has the particle size that long haired cats prefer. It will not adhere to the cat's long fur and it will not color the coat. Each bag contains a free Litter Box Solutions Booklet.
New Users: * Pour Dr. Elsey’s Precious Cat Silica Litter into a clean litter box, using half as much as you would with a clay-based litter. Top off the litter with the litter you are using now, mixing as you add.
* Give your cat time to get used to the crystal texture.
* Once your cat is used to the crystal texture, (about one week), empty the litter box completely into the trash and refill with Dr. Elsey’s Precious Cat Silica Litter.
Experienced Users: * Pour one inch of Dr. Elsey’s Precious Cat Silica Litter into a clean litter box.
* Remove solid waste frequently with a slotted scoop and rake crystals to insure freshness.
* While a single litter box filled with Dr. Elsey’s Precious Cat Silica Litter can handle multiple cats, the manufacturer recommends if you have more than one cat, you should have more than one litter box. It's healthier for your cats and helps prevent non use.
* If crystals become discolored, it's OK. The color doesn't affect the performance.
Additional Instructions: Only dispose of used cat litter in trash. Do not flush, bury or dispose of it outdoors, in gutters or storm drains to avoid environmental contamination. Not for internal use. Not meant for use as compost or as a traction aid.Store in a cool, dry place. Product filled by weight; some settling may occur.
Transition Instructions: Pour Dr. Elsey’s Precious Cat Silica Litter into a clean litter box, using half as much as you would with a clay based litter. Top off the Silica Litter with the litter you are using now, mixing as you add. Give your cat time to get used to the crystal texture. Once your cat is used to the crystal texture (about one week), empty the litter box completely into the trash, and refill with silica litter.
Always wash your hands thoroughly after handling used cat litter, as cat feces may contain Toxoplasma gondii-a parasite that can cause toxoplasmosis. Pregnant or nursing women, as well as children and anyone with a weakened immune system, should avoid handling used cat litter. Always handle litter in a ventilated area to avoid inhalation. Keep contents and packaging out of reach of children and pets.Seek medical help in case of accidental ingestion.